The Open Holding Status is a web service which provides information about the availability of library materials:
- Which libraries own a given material
- What is the current loan status of the material in the local system
- localisation: searches for the material in the library data well’s holdings register: which libraries have the material, does the library have a notification for any usage restrictions (codes in marc field 096*r)
- holdings: the status of the material in the individual library. Answers can only be retrieved from libraries that support holdings lookup via z3950 or ISO 20775.
- detailedHoldings: a newer version of holdings, with expanded details for journal-holdings.
Access to the user service requires authentication using the Netpunkt gateway:
Refer to the example client.
Use of the web service requires subscription of a DanBib license (Netpunkt access code). The web service is published under the GPLv3 license.